Monday, June 02, 2008

Summertime Toes


It's Summertime. It's the time of year when we run barefoot everywhere. Shoes? No way.
All summer we subject our feet to abuse--hot sidewalks, sticker patches, tree trunks and, worst of all, we stump them on the sidewalk. Ouch.
This happened to Anna Kate a few weeks ago. I heard her crying in the back yard. I found her sitting on the back porch cradling her toe in one hand and holding a little piece of skin in the other. It was so sad. When I told my Dad about it on the phone, he sent Anna Kate this sweet email.


Dear Anna Kate,

When your Mommy told me about you stumping your toe it made me sad. The reason it made me sad is because when I was a little boy I stumped my toe and I remember how it hurt and how sore it was for about a week. So, I am sorry about your toe------ I wrote you a poem about your toe:

AK's Toe ---by Papa Joe

A little girl I know

stumped her big toe

and you might know

it hurt her so

and now you know

about her toe

That's all--Papa Joe


I love you little princess, hope you get to felling better---tell Max and Jake and Mommy and Daddy Hi ----Papa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Sweet! I love the poem. Anna Kate, Just so you know...Lucas never wears shoes either and he gets bloody toes almost daily. I tell him he should wear shoes but he says..."It's no fun to play outside with shoes on cause the dirt doesn't touch me." So both he and I understand. Have so much fun this summer...and be careful!

June 2, 2008 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

This entry made me really happy...a poem and a picture of lil' tot feet! I love you guys!

June 2, 2008 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Wendi said...

wow! your dad must be the sweetest thing ever...sounds like a great grandpa

June 3, 2008 at 6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can relate about stumped toes! Boy! Super cute poem from Papa Joe. We miss you guys. Anna just asked last week...when am I going to see Anna Kate again? Oh....I wanna see Anna Kate and all the Gerlts!
Love you all,
Kelly

June 3, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home