Monday, May 12, 2008

A Return To Blogging (hopefully)

We are now settled into our new home and we are thrilled to be (hopefully) finished with this period of upheaval for at least a little while. Our blog has been unusually quiet during this time. It has not been quiet because of lack of blog-worthy material. No, there is always something "bloggable" going on here. Honestly, blogging has just been very, very low on my list. My list from the past two months has looked something like this:
1. Send Chad to Atlanta for interview
2. Go to Atlanta with Chad for second interview
3. Pack up house
4. Drive to Texas
5. Send Chad to Atlanta for 5 weeks
6. Enjoy time with family at Sunfish
7. Load moving truck and move to Yukon
8. Unload truck
9. Survive
10. Make sure everyone has food to eat and clean clothes to wear
11. Get through Chad's first few weeks at new Chick-fil-A (80+ hour work week)

Anyway, you get the picture. It has just been a bit busy around here and we're finally keeping our head above water. Now that everything is in its spot and we are seeing a routine emerge (which thrills me to no end) I am hoping to pick up where I left off here on our blog. I have TONS to blog about (a trip to New York City, Hershey's Chocolate factory, our drive home, Chick-fil-A home office, Lubbock, our new house, just to name a few).
So, if anyone still reads our blog, keep checking. I'll be posting more often.

10 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

can't wait for more updates! missed you here in blog world.

May 12, 2008 at 11:46 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

OH ME ME ME!! I still read. :0) So excited for you and all your dreams coming true. YAY! Angel

May 12, 2008 at 11:58 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Glad to see you back in BlogWorld. I check your site often to see what your little family is up to, and I'm often surprised and get some good giggles!
The Peek's Sis,
Shannon

May 13, 2008 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger Jamie Butts said...

I check it daily. :)
I love you guys! Whew... 80 hours a week! Way to focus on the home priorities during this busy, busy season for you - laundry and food! Keep at it. Love to all of you.

May 13, 2008 at 6:49 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Glad to see you back! You still have a loyal following!

May 13, 2008 at 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still reading!! :)
Can't wait to hear all your news.

May 13, 2008 at 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you kidding! I check multiple times a day! Pathetic I know, but it makes me feel closer to you guys! Love you tons.

May 13, 2008 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Andrea Casey said...

Good grief! Sounds like you've been super busy. What a wild ride! Can't wait to hear more of the details. :)

May 14, 2008 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Wendi said...

How exciting!!! Looking forward to hearing all about the new adventures, and I love the 'work day' at the store - shows what a great help-mate you are...I SOOO would have put my kid to sleep in the same place...no judgement here :-)
Wendi
www.redletterscampaign.com

May 22, 2008 at 5:34 AM  
Blogger family said...

Hi there -
we found your blog by googling Kevin Hickey Chick-fil-a. My husband is in the very begining interview process to become an owner operator. It was fun reading your success! I hope we can be just as successful...we are looking into the PA area, but are willing to move anywhere. Wish us luck and blessings!
Tara Chiapelli
tarachiapelli@gmail

May 29, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home