Monday, February 18, 2008

Max the Creative

I hope that Max never loses the ability that he has to imagine and create. It's amazing. He builds for hours with his Lego's, creating elaborate scenes and then tells us all about them. He has a box that holds an old pair of overalls, my purple graduation gown, a policeman uniform, a few hats, Chad's old soccer jersey, a sweat band, and a sleeve from an old sweat-shirt. Using the "tools" from this box he can become anything he wants to be--a pirate, a cowboy, a sorcerer, a prince, just to name a few. He makes swords out of his Hotwheels tracks, guns out of his K'nex, and canons from his Lego's. There is no end to his creativity.
Last Thursday when Anna Kate left for dance class, Max immediately set to work on a new project. He set up a library/thrift store in our reading corner. He carefully stacked the reading pillows out of the way and began gathering toys and books. He created toy displays and laid out the books so you could see all the titles that he had to offer. Then Max invited me to come for a visit. This is when he explained to me that he was the owner of the library and that it was also a store where you could buy old toys and old books for a little bit of money. Thrift store was my best guess. We love thrift stores!
When Anna Kate got home he showed her his library and she selected the books that she was interested it and took them to the circulation desk/coffee table. Max carefully located each bar code and scanned them with his scanner/can of Play-Doh and Anna Kate went on her way.
Here are a few pictures of Max's Library Thrift Store (And, of course, Max is dressed in proper Library Thrift Store owner attire!)



And here is a picture of his solution to a too-much-trash-not-enough-hands situation. I mean, really, why make two trips?

10 Comments:

Blogger Momma B. said...

Oh. my. goodness. FIrst of all, you have a son old enough to take out the trash!
SEcond, He's OLD ENOUGH TO TAKE OUT THE TRASH! When did that happen? We miss you all so much! So much that it hurts!

February 19, 2008 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger Jamie Butts said...

Great post!! The last pictures cracked me up. I laughed so hard, especially thinking about his determination.
Love you!!! Squeeze Max for me and tell him I love him and miss him.

February 19, 2008 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Andrea Casey said...

I love it! :)

February 19, 2008 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Allens said...

I must show Carsyn and Logan this trick, they really hate making two trips! I have a Valentine that will be in the mail.....so it's on Scott time but at least it's the thought that counts right????

McCamey Allens

February 19, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I laughed through this whole thing because that is EXACTLY how I was as a kid and sometimes it drove my parents nuts because I was always dragging new things out! That's awesome!

February 20, 2008 at 7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey its Jessica Conlee from Crane, i hope you remember me! I'm not sure how i how i found your blog but i am glad i did. I have been thinking about yall for awhile. Wondering how yall were doing and where you had move to. It looks like yall are doing good. I would love to hear form yall, my e-mail address is jessicadconlee@yahoo.com.

February 21, 2008 at 12:30 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I was wondering if Max's thrift store is taking online orders yet? I see a few things that Baby may need!

February 22, 2008 at 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so cute. and I miss you guys sooooooooo much!

February 22, 2008 at 5:22 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

VERY CREATIVE! Sounds like he's learning from his mom, the master of creativity!

February 27, 2008 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

That is AWESOME! I love those problem solving skills. :0) Way to go man. Angel

March 9, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home