Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Our new favorite book




Anna Kate and I are deeply involved in a new book. It is called The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, written by Kate DiCamillo. Ms. DiCamillo is the author of Because of Winn-Dixie and several other novels that we are eager to read. We discovered her by chance when we checked out one of her early chapter books at the library for Anna Kate to read for school. It is the first of a four book series about a pig named Mercy Watson. Terrific! We are huge Kate DiCamillo fans now. The stories are precious and Anna Kate's vocabulary increases with every chapter. Check them out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin and Becky said...

When is she starting Charles Dickens? Maybe a little Jane Austen? I think Anna Kate & Elizabeth Darcy will be fast friends. I can't believe she's old enough to be a little reader! Unreal!

January 17, 2008 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Jamie Butts said...

I'll have to check that out. Good to know! LOVE YOU!
I was amazed by AK's reading when we were in PA. Maybe we'll have to scoot up there again, so I can be even more amazed. Right?
And, when are you going to post the post I've been waiting for... Jake Man signing! :)

January 17, 2008 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

I love DiCamillo! I think you would both love The Tale of Despereaux.
Yay for great books and great little readers:)

January 24, 2008 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Momma B. said...

We just checked out that book today!! I can't wait to get started!

January 25, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home