Monday, September 17, 2007

Our little poet

A few days ago Anna Kate was not her normal, cheerful self. The little sparkle was gone from her eyes and she was very solemn. I asked her again and again what was bothering her. She wasn't feeling physically sick. Nothing hurt. She wasn't sad about anything that she knew of. I finally sat her down on my lap and looked in her little face and said, "Anna Kate, what's wrong. Can you please tell me about how you feel?" She looked at me with her sad little eyes and said, "I guess my heart is asleep and she won't wake up."
I knew exactly how she felt when she said that. I'm glad I know what to call it now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Erin,
It is 6 A.M. and I am up with Abbey...sleepy nite-nite is over!!! Grady and Abbey are with us and today we take them home. Doni and Joe came by yesterday for coffee on their way home. The kids and Bob and I enjoyed their visit. We talked about you all and what a beautiful place you are in. When I read your last post, I felt your heart. The understanding between a mommy and her little one is something very special. From one heart to another!!!! Give Anna Kate, MAx, and Jake a big hug for me.

I hope you are in your new apartment now and that you have lots of space for all of you.

Thinking of you and sending lots of love.

Sandra

September 17, 2007 at 6:25 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

A natural-born-poet! I may have to buy her her first pipe this Christmas.

September 17, 2007 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger Abbey said...

Wow. Maybe she should write this reseach paper I'm having to do! She's probable do way better than I am! Love y'all.

September 17, 2007 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so cute...
How are you guys?

September 17, 2007 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home