Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Like I have time for this.

So, I'm a bit compulsive. Many of you know that. Well, as I packed our kitchen today I came to our spice cabinet. Some of the bottles look a little worn so I decided that I should throw some of them out. I'm also a bit cheap and I didn't want to throw them out if they were still good. So I googled "how old are my spices" (I google everything) and came up with this:

http://www.mccormick.com/content.cfm?id=11985

Maybe the coolest corner of the internet that I've discovered lately. (Keep in mind that I'm compulsive and cheap-you may not think it's a cool as I do.) All you do is type in the cryptic code on the bottom of your McCormick spice bottle and it tells you when it was manufactured.

So, today, while I should have been packing to move (we're putting our stuff in storage tomorrow), I took a few minutes and tested my spices. Now I can season our food with confidence.

2 Comments:

Blogger Momma B. said...

WOW! IT sounds like you are making some really good progress! I mean the kitchen is usually the last room to be packed. I hope everything is moving along according to plan. I do have to say, I am sure glad it is you and not me moving once again! Love YOU!

August 22, 2007 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger mindy said...

hey gerlt family! i have been praying for you guys.

do you need any help on saturday morning, erin?

August 22, 2007 at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home