Saturday, August 18, 2007

Monopoly, Chick-fil-A, and Pennsylvania


Monopoly, Chick-fil-A and Pennsylvania. What do these three things have in common? I'll give you a hint: Think Reading Railroad.

Do you remember playing monopoly growing up? Do you remember the importance of getting all of the railroads? Do you remember the Reading Railroad? (Who knew it was pronounced Red-ding? Not me.) Well, it turns out that there is a Chick-fil-A in the Berkshire Mall in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania. Wyomissing is a suburb of Reading, a larger town with a historic railroad.

Where am I going with this? I'm not sure. . . so I'll just tell you our big news. WE'RE MOVING TO PENNSYLVANIA!!! Well, only for four months. I will be operating the Berkshire Mall Chick-fil-A in Wyomissing, PA from September 1 through the end of the year.

We will be having a limited time special from September until the new year - If you come all the way from Texas to see me I will buy you a free chicken sandwich. Oh, and the picture on the right is the actual Berkshire Mall unit. Take the train and we'll see you there. (Dan and Kelli, can you smell the irony?)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, guys! This is really exciting news! We look forward to seeing pictures from Pennsylvania. Maybe you will have a white Christmas this year. Congratulations...
Love, B.

August 19, 2007 at 6:42 AM  
Blogger Momma B. said...

Are you guys TRYING to make us think you hate us? Moving to PA. . .NOW!? It sure stinks but I'm not sure if it smells like irony or not!!

We really are so excited for you guys. You are going to love the fall and winter in PA!! ALthough winter may not really start till after you are gone unless you stay longer!!! Hope you guys get to see some snow!

We love you and are praying for the transitions!!

August 19, 2007 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Will you be riding in the thimble or the top-hat to Reading? We are really excited for you either way!

August 19, 2007 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger Jamie Butts said...

We're excited for you, too! Love ya!

August 20, 2007 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Since you're moving out here (I'm from the area), you might as well try to take a train ride on the railroad that is most similar to the original Reading RR.

http://readingnorthern.com/passenger.shtml

August 20, 2007 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Andrea Casey said...

Crazy!?! What a fun new adventure waiting around the corner! Chad, do you think you could get a Chick Fil-A up here for us?!

Erin, thank for your thoughtful card. I appreciate your prayers and concern.

August 20, 2007 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger mindy said...

what excitement and trials the Lord will be sending your way. i still love you guys even though we seem to always miss each other at church!!

August 20, 2007 at 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so EXCITED for you guys~!!!!! but I am gonna miss you guys so much I don't even know what to say! How am I gonna get by with out my Max, Anna Kate, and Jake fix??? and my Sign techers! uhh I just don't even want to think about it! but I am so happy for you! and I know this is a blessing from God!

August 20, 2007 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Jamie Butts said...

Oh, can we get free Chick-fil-A if we come from Louisville?!? :)

August 21, 2007 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Absolutely, my friend. Come one, come all!!! Maybe he'll even throw in a DP.

Love you-

August 21, 2007 at 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so exciting!!! Congrats Chad!

August 21, 2007 at 11:24 PM  
Blogger Stickler_18 said...

Hey! Chad and Erin! I'm very excited about this opportunity for yall and I think God has great things in store for yall. I my self are taking the steps of hopefully operating a store myself one of these days but first I have to finish college. Well have fun and keep in touch...Congrats chad on the promotion to being one step close to an operator!!!

August 24, 2007 at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home