Sunday, March 05, 2006

Reginald and Fraldupha

Erin and I have made a decision. The children are getting older now, and they need to start taking on some responsibilities in their little lives. After all, Anna Kate is 3 and Max is nearly 7. So this usually means a pet.

Neither Erin nor I want to get a dog because of the expense and hassle that comes with a dog. I know, I know, dogs love you unconditionally, they learn tricks, they protect your house...blah, blah, blah... but all of you dog lovers please just spare me the talk about why we should have a dog.

I personally don't want a cat. They're fun, but they sure do get your house hairy. And some cats are just plain weird! They lick themselves in front of your houseguests in the most inappropriate places at the most inappropriate times. I know, I know, cats are great by a fire...blah, blah, blah... but all of you cat lovers please just spare me the talk about why we should have a cat.

I had two fish in college named Aquilla and Priscilla. They were florescent yellow and orange. Best pets I ever had. They lived longer than any other fish I've ever had too... about a month. However, I don't want to start giving my kids a new fish every month after a huge cry fest and royal flush off. So all of you fish lovers please just spare me the talk...

Penguins are too expensive, monkeys wear diapers, birds are too erratic, squirrels are hard to catch, turtles are no fun, and lizards make my wife get on top of the furniture. So we decided on a compromise.















We got two hamsters!

But I forgot...hamster poop.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Butts said...

Chad, did you really win on the naming of the hampsters? We'd better leave the naming of the kid up to your wife. :)
Sorry if I spread my "I'm a teacher" germs. Hope you're feeling better.
Erin, will call after school manana.

March 6, 2006 at 12:19 AM  
Blogger Momma B. said...

WOW! That's a big step in parenting!! How fun!! I am so glad you are a step ahead of us on that one!

March 6, 2006 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

That explains it...I was meaning to tell you guys that your house smelled funny this weekend.

Just kidding....i'm sure it will take weeks before the hampster cage smell takes over the entire house.

March 6, 2006 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger Will, Beth, Jessie Rose and Asher Norvell said...

My monkey doesn't wear diapers anymore. He's graduated to pull-ups at night, and underoos during the day.
When we were kids, we had hamsters. We also had a cat. It came in handy when the hamsters got out of the cage.
And Michael Stone, you have no room to talk about house smells caused by pets. What the heck was that nasty ferrets name anyway?

March 8, 2006 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Abbey said...

Hi guys! I had a hamster once and loved him! But, if you ever decide you need a fun loving kitty, I have one for ya:) Love you guys!

March 8, 2006 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Did Sonic stink?

March 9, 2006 at 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

February 20, 2007 at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home