Saturday, May 30, 2009

StarWars at the Library

 


We have a fantastic library here in our city and we are excited about the events that they have coming up this summer. Last week the kids got dressed up in their StarWars duds and we joined other enthusiasts at the library for a showing of Return of the Jedi. We met Kristal and her boys out front and then headed up the elevator to the movie. As we stepped off the elevator Darth Vader and his crew were there to meet us. He shook hands with all of the kids. We were all a little star-struck. He immediately won Anna Kate's heart when he shook her hand and said, "Well, Princess Leia, it's so nice to see you again." Smitten. And you can tell by the admiring expression on her face in the picture (you can click on the image to enlarge it). Before the movie started, all the kids got to say who their favorite character was. Guess who got her vote? Yep. Darth. Later she explained, "Well Leia has always been my favorite...but Darth Vader was just SO nice that I HAD to vote for him. But I should have voted for Luke Skywalker because no one else did. I bet he was sad." That girl is always thinking.
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger kristen lewis said...

The look on Anna Kate's face is priceless. What a fab library you must have!

May 31, 2009 at 5:17 PM  
Blogger sarahdodson said...

How fun!! What a great collage:)

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I REALLY like the names you're thinking about. It is lots of fun to dream of our little ones- I must agree. Happy Pregnancy! :)

May 31, 2009 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Silverthornes said...

This is really too cute for words. We are always big Star Wars fans. Anna Kate is a cutie. I think I would have voted for her :)
Love the pictures.
I bet Max LOVED it. He look pretty sharp himself.

June 1, 2009 at 1:14 AM  
Blogger Jamie Butts said...

I love your library. I can't wait to hug on your kids and pat your belly!!!!!!

June 3, 2009 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Kevin and Becky said...

Kev & I are a little curious who the kid in the bathrobe is supposed to be. A Jedi who woke up late? :)

June 13, 2009 at 5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home