Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Dusting off the ol' Blog

There are a few ways to look at yesterday's post. One could say that Chad is a dirty dog for posting only one sentence. On the other hand, you could say at least he posted something! Chad broke the news so I'll try to fill in the details.

We are so excited! We found out a little over a month ago that we are having baby #4! I am due on November 18th which seems like a long way away. Tomorrow I'll be 8 weeks along and so far everything is going well. Since I have a history of miscarriage (I've had 5 so far), the doctor put me on progesterone to help sustain the pregnancy until the baby starts producing progesterone on its own. That usually happens between week 10 and 12. I've had bloodwork done several times and everything looks perfect. On Friday we had an appointment with my new doctor and we were able to have an ultrasound and see a tiny heartbeat. It was amazing. Every single time it's amazing. And it was such a relief. I didn't realize how worried I had been about the well-being of this baby until I saw the heartbeat and knew that everything was okay. The doctor said that the baby measures perfectly for how far along I am. The doctor also gave me some medicine to help with my "every-minute-of-the-day" sickness. I'm very thankful for that because I have been feeling pretty terrible for the last month or so.

So, there's the scoop. Thanks for being excited with us! We are thrilled and feel so blessed.

19 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Butts said...

Oh, I hope that medicine helps. I'm sorry I haven't talk-talked to you in awhile. I loved both of your posts, and I am thankful already for your great doctor. I love that you got to hear the amazing heartbeat. I am praying for you, and I LOVE YOU!

April 7, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

yea!! so how close are you and jamie??? like shaunna and i were?? so happy for y'all!

April 7, 2009 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Instantly Mama said...

Congratulations!!!!!

April 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

We're so excited for you! We'll be praying for you especially these next few weeks. I feel your pain on the all day long sickness - that's what I had with Hannah. I'm not even going to try and give you any remedies, because nothing really helped with me. Hang in there, that part will be over soon!

April 7, 2009 at 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! We are so thrilled!!! We will lift you and the baby up daily! Love you guys so much!

April 7, 2009 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger smileysk8 said...

That's great! Congratulations!!

April 8, 2009 at 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin and Chad - congratulations on your big news! Please keep blogging - if and when you feel like it - too bad about the morning sickness. And we're told it's only with first pregnancies. Not so, obviously! Did your mom tell you - I am going to be grandmom again also - Joe and Nan are expecting #4 - another little girl so they will have two of each. Love, Charlena

April 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Intentional Memories said...

Yea! So happy for you! (Well, not about the "morning" sickness part ... but about the rest!)

Isn't that heartbeat an amazing thing?!

Yea! A Thanksgiving baby ...

April 9, 2009 at 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yancey and I are so excited for you! Will be praying for you and the little one. Congrats again... :)

Susan

April 9, 2009 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger Silverthornes said...

HOW AWESOME!!! I will be praying for this little one. God is good!

April 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Momma B. said...

Maybe we could trim off a few days bring this baby on the 13th of November? Then we could always celebrate together? SOOOO very excited for you guys! I am so thrilled to hear that things are going smoothly. I will keep praying!

April 9, 2009 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! :0) Angel

April 9, 2009 at 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Vivian Risse said...

Glory to God! I am SO excited for you and your dear family! SO many are pregnant right now--and I love it! Praying for you and your little nugget. JOY!

April 13, 2009 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger sarahdodson said...

How wonderful!! Super happy for y'all! :) Will be praying for you. I'm due with our third on December 8th or so. We're pretty close!

April 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations to you guys! I hope you are feeling better and that you are not sick with this pregnancy!

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger kristal said...

yeah-hoo!!!! can't wait to meat the newest gerlt! what a loved baby:)

April 14, 2009 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Twinmommy2boys said...

I'm just now getting around to responding to your comment on my blog. Thank you for your condolences. It was nice to meet your beautiful family. And your adding one more Congrats!!! Glad things are going fine in the pregnancy.

April 15, 2009 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Allens said...

You mean they have meds for the every minute of the day sickness???? I got ripped off....
Congrats! Of course your mom told us weeks ago!

April 17, 2009 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Matt & Leigh Anne said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting!! You will have to tell me how life is with four! We think maybe four someday... Hope you feel better fast!

April 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home