Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Surgery Day, Part 2

Well, here we are. We are just waiting and waiting...


Me, Chad, R2-D2 and the Storm Trooper...just waiting.


Here's our gear in my cute basket that Holly gave me. Thanks, Holly!

Here's what Chad should be doing...

Here's what Chad is actually doing...

Here are the snacks I packed for us to eat...

Here is the snack we actually ate...


We got a call from the OR and everything is going well. The surgery is taking longer than they expected. Evidently the first implant had a defect so they had to get a new one which was no problem. As soon as device is implanted the audiologist will perform a test to make sure all of the electrodes are working. Then they'll sew him up and send him to recovery. We can't wait to see him!

We'll keep you posted. Thanks for checking in!



6 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Butts said...

I'm so glad for the update. I haven't had a chance to come up for air all day and write, call or text you, but I've been praying for my friend Max and his doctors.

Darn those pretzels and DP. I would have totally caved too, although your healthy snacks looked delicious!

August 20, 2008 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I am so excited for him. Thanks for all of the updates.

August 20, 2008 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger kristal said...

thanks SO much for the updates! the boys have been asking about max all day and it helps so much to have pics to show them (and of course they were just a tad excited when they saw the SW figures and movies:). i'm so thankful things are going well and you and chad are making the most of a not-so-fun waiting time. love to all of you!

August 20, 2008 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Momma B. said...

Several hours to just sit and wait with my hubbie....I think I could handle that. I hope that you are enjoying your quiet time with out anxiety. We are still praying for Max man!

August 20, 2008 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

keep 'em coming!

August 20, 2008 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

You are CRACKING me up with your snacks. Before I was gluten free I was in LOVE with those pretzels. YUM YUM YUMMY!!! :0) Angel

August 20, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home