Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Cheer From the Great State of Texas

This marks our first Christmas to be completely on our own as a family, with out a visit to family or friends. We are actually looking forward to the simplicity of it all but, if I think about it too long, I get to feeling pretty homesick.
This morning a package arrived from Scott and Dede, my brother and sister-in-law, that cheered us up! A Texas-shaped basket full of Texas goodies from Susie's South 40 Confections in Midland, Texas. Yummmm! You better believe it made our day and made them feel not so far away. Thank you!


And a few days ago, we got a box from Adam and Mandy Barker, our dear friends since college. Mandy is so creative and this ornament shows it! Isn't it cute? What love, friends. Thanks-
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Silverthornes said...

I am glad you are feeling the love from the great state of Texas! The Texas basket was a great idea and I love the ornament - little Jakes belly button was cracking me up!

December 21, 2007 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Glad you liked the ornament - I had so much fun making them! We love you guys!
Mandy

December 22, 2007 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Allens said...

So glad you all loved the basket and I'm glad to see it, ya know how that goes when you order things online!! We miss y'all!

McCamey Allens

December 25, 2007 at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home