Sunday, October 21, 2007

We have company!!



Friday evening Momma D got to our house. She flew into Philadelphia and we picked her up at the airport. We love having her here with us. It's been a fun-packed visit so far with even more fun to come. Saturday morning we woke up early and drove to Port Clinton, PA and caught a train to Jim Thorpe, PA. It was beautiful. The colors were amazing. Love the Fall. Today we had a lazy day. We had Jamie's Pumpkin Pancakes for breakfast. You should give them a try. Twelve very enthusiastic thumbs up from the Gerlt House and Momma D. You can find the recipe here. Yum. After breakfast we drove to Lancaster to visit the Amish Country. It was incredible to see their farms and ponder living as simply as they do. This evening Chad and I got to go on a date for the first time in months and it was so nice. We knew that the kids were in good hands and having a wonderful time getting "The Momma D Treatment". That freed us up to enjoy a movie and coffee. Aaahhh. In the morning Momma D, the kids and I are heading for Washington, DC to see all that we can see. We're making the most out of our time together!
I promise to post pictures when all the excitement dies down.
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Butts said...

So glad you enjoyed the pancakes. I have another pumpkin recipe to share soon. And some soup ones. LOVE YOU! So glad you are with Mamma D!

October 22, 2007 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger The Nac Pack said...

I'm soooo insanely jealous. The pictures are great! Wish I could be there with you. We miss you!
Love you!
Teresia

October 22, 2007 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Momma B. said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your time there! Tell Mamma D hello for us! DOn't forget to get good pictures of the foliage. I always said I would and never did.

October 22, 2007 at 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a precious picture! I KNOW Momma D is having such fun being with you all. It sounds like you are seeing some wonderful sights while she is there. Enjoy every minute and know we are all wishing we could be there with you.

Much love,
Sandra

October 23, 2007 at 6:11 AM  
Blogger Jamie Butts said...

Go the Cozart blogs! :)

October 23, 2007 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Silverthornes said...

I am so glad Momma D got to come visit! Sounds SO fun. I am sure it was great to have a date too and just relax knowing that she had everything under control. Grandparents are so wonderful!

October 23, 2007 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Kevin and Becky said...

Have fun in DC! We're hoping to go while we're in Virginia for IMB stuff. It's our nation's capital you know.

October 25, 2007 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger Jamie Butts said...

Gerlthouse,
I miss you all. Sorry I've been so MIA lately. Birthday week+grading+babysitting=GLAD IT'S FRIDAY. Can't wait to see your DC pics. Hope it wasn't too rainy, but I wasn't watching the weather. It was gross here. Um... what else? 11/5. It's coming. I think I have a cold. I have sneezed 3,000 times today, I think. I'm going to go home now. Just wanted to say I miss you. Talk tomorrow?????????????? LOVE YOU
How are Thursdates going?

October 26, 2007 at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home