Friday, July 27, 2007

Max's Picnic

When I was a little girl my big brother, Mark, made me a log cabin doll house. It was my favorite toy ever. The kids have recently discovered its magic and play with it every chance they get. I showed Anna Kate how I used to set it up when I was a little girl (spinning wheel by the window so that Momma could see out while she spun cloth, treasure chest behind the bed so that the bad guys couldn't find it if there was an attack, etc.). That's how she does it now. She sets it up perfectly and plays for hours.
Max...well, he's added his own twist. When Max is the boss-man, you never know who might come for a visit. On this particular day, all of the small creatures from the Land of Playroom were invited for lunch (not dinner-he was very emphatic about that). Jay-Jay the Jet Plane, Captain Feathersword and Jeff from the Wiggles, a few Little People and others. Yes, that's even a Transformer lurking in the shadows. They came from yards away in their cars, fire trucks, buldozers and helicopters and parked on our treadmill. They feasted on turkey, pie, bread and coffee. A good time was had by all.




Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Silverthornes said...

This post made me happy! I wish I were there for the LUNCH! It looks like they are having a great time. What a hospitable boy you got there.

July 28, 2007 at 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL yeah that sounds like Max....and so i did not get to talk to ya much today just a quick hello. How are you? so I guess your not leaving? are we on for Tuesday?

July 29, 2007 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger sarahdodson said...

Now cute is that??! Glad you had enough food for everyone:)

July 29, 2007 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Kevin and Becky said...

Will you please ask Max why I wasn't invited to the festivities? Maybe Labor Day...

July 31, 2007 at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home