Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A visit!




Amy Parker came to see us on Sunday and stayed a few days. We had such a great visit! We stayed up way too late talking about everything that we haven't gotten to talk about over the last year and a half. It was so fun! We shopped a little, ate some food and drank some coffee.
Amy and I share lots of the same interests. We love to organize (love it!) and cook. We also have some of the same pet-peeves (mouth noises/smacking...ug) and we share a love for maps. We spent some time checking out Google Maps and Google Earth finding different locations all over. If you have never done that, you should check it out. It is satellite images of the Earth. You can type in your address and see your house from space. Super cool. And it's free from the genius folks at Google. Anyway, we typed in the zip code for Crane (where I grew up) and we were looking all around. You can see Stone's and the high school, the Dugout (best cokes in Texas) and all of our houses, etc. Well, we looked at the cemetary and we saw a little line of cars and the blue funeral tent. The picture was taken during someone's funeral. Weird, huh? Can you imagine having a picture of your funeral from outer space??? So, we looked all over town like we were detectives or something. By putting together numerous "clues" we now know that the picture was taken during the winter of 2004. So, guess where I'm going when we get to Crane later this week? Yep, going to the cemetary to see who in the world has a picture of their funeral from outer space. Am I weird?
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Chad Gerlt said...

Q - "Yep, going to the cemetary to see who in the world has a picture of their funeral from outer space. Am I weird?"

A - Yep.

June 20, 2007 at 12:29 AM  
Blogger Jamie Butts said...

Hi! I'm so glad you had a fun visit from Amy! I can't wait to see you. This is random, but I would LOVE a window or 2 like yours for our guest room. Do you have ideas of where I could find some? Just antique shops or what? Maybe your savvy dad could keep an eye out for us. I love you!!

June 20, 2007 at 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to Crane! Oh, how I wish I could meet you there! Believe it or not, sometimes I miss it. Life was so much simpler then, and to think it was only 5 years ago. Love and miss you all.

Sarah

June 21, 2007 at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home