Saturday, October 07, 2006

Jake's Smiling!



After working SUPER hard for several days I finally captured a semi-smile on camera. Now, I realize that this picture is not terrific quality, but it's a picture of our little man smiling. And I love it! Is he cute or what? His first smile was a couple of weeks ago at Sunfish. We were sitting on the porch enjoying the morning and he smiled. That afternoon he smiled at Chad. The smiles have been few and far between. Most of them are directed at Chad...did I mention that he LOVES his Daddy? It started to hurt my feelings that he never smiled at me and smiled at Chad ALL THE TIME. But as the days go on the smiles come easier. He's getting really good at it. He particularly loves the mornings so we do lots of talking then. This morning he smiled at Max for the first time and Max was so proud. He hasn't smiled at Anna Kate yet. It's not because he doesn't like her. It's because she stays SO CLOSE to his face that he can't tell that she's smiling at him!! She is constantly in his space.

I hope this picture makes your day. It made mine!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart!! Oh how I wish I could hold you little Jake!! I love you and you brother and sister so much! I wish I could hug you all (Mom and Dad too) every day!! Bless you all!!

October 7, 2006 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Abbey said...

Love the picture! :) So sweet! :)

October 9, 2006 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

Sweet babies you got there! Enjoy them. I love those first smiles--kinda lopsided, like they need more practice. May God give you the strength you need to minister to your precious family.

October 10, 2006 at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home