Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Still nothin'...

In case you are wondering...yes. I'm still pregnant. No Jake. Not yet. At some point he'll have to come out. Anna Kate says, "He doesn't fit in your clothes anymore. He has to come out!" I agree. We can't wait!! We're doing our best to be patient. I'm doing my best to be content and enjoy these last days (or weeks!) with my TWO kids and Chad and sleep. I'm as prepared as I have ever been for anything in my life. I have nested until I can nest no more. Every piece of laundry is done. Every closet is clean. Every cabinet. Every drawer. All the tiny blue clothes are washed and folded. Yes, we are ready. Bring it on, Jake.

Meanwhile, we're filling our time with some fun things. We've been enjoying swimming at the Rec Center down the street. The kids love to get their energy out. I love the fact that everyone there is at least 50 years older than me. That means that, though I am 9 months pregnant, I can swim comfortably without a t-shirt draped over my body for the first time in years. Ah, the little things in life.

We also met Momma D, Logan and Carsyn in Granbury for some fun a few weeks ago. We ate, played at the park, and savored the fact that we're close enough to meet for the afternoon.

And, of course, we're still plugging away at school. It is going very well. Some of the novelty has worn off as is to be expected. But overall, we love it. We're thrilled with the progress we're seeing in both kids. We're learning to be flexible and that things that aren't necessarily considered as "school" can still be very beneficial and fun. Like making pizza. Today we made tiny pizzas and had a blast. You can see pictures of the gourmet masterpieces (and the other events mentioned) by clicking on the picture below. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Butts said...

Fantastic post, my friend. Great glasses, Max. Bring it, Jake. Oh and Blog world... guess who made those lovely aprons on the kiddos? Erin. So talented, Erin! Save all of your homeschool tips for when we need them... one day!
Love and hugs,
Jamie

August 29, 2006 at 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Sweet Jake!!! Erin, I know you are READY. Sounds like everything is in order. You amaze me with all your energy. Max and Anna Kate, I love your picture making pizza. Know we are thinking of you and are anxiously awaiting Jake's arrival. You are in our prayers and thoughts.
Love you,
Sandra

August 29, 2006 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Sarah Bebee said...

Erin--I am so looking forward to a little picture of baby Jake! It looks like your family is having fun and enjoying their time together! Wish we saw you more often! Love you! Sarah

August 30, 2006 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Abbey said...

Wow! You truly are SuperMom! Can't wait for Jake to be here. Love and miss you all!

August 30, 2006 at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home