Friday, July 28, 2006

It's really Momma who's hard at work!!!

Please allow me to brag on my wife and kids for a short amount of time. We are about to embark on a journey that is sort of like star trek - going where no Me and Erin's have gone before...to homeschool land. Erin has been the most organized wife I have ever had and she has developed a schedule for chores in the morning and at dinnertime to help with the routine for when school starts. Anna Kate is a champ at emptying the trast and scrubbing the toilet. She's four years old and she can already clean the toilet for crying out loud. She is so proud. And Max is good at everything he learns. He just loves to have a job.

So I thought I would show you some action photos of supper tonight. Anna Kate got out the placemats before Max set the table. After we ate, Max swept the kitchen floor while Anna Kate scrubbed the placemats clean. If you don't believe me, look at these pictures. These are not posed pictures, they were taken during actual work.

Now, you may be thinking that Dad here doesn't do any work. This is not entirely true. Today I set up Jake's baby bed. WooHoo!!! Oh, and I played basketball with the kids and soccer with Dan Bragdon. But my wife and kids sure did work hard. Just thought I would give you a peek at the day to day activities here in the Gerlt house.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone! Gram and I enjoyed seeing the latest blog. Anna Kate and Max, we are so proud of you two for learning to do chores around the house! We love you! Gram and Granna

July 30, 2006 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Momma B. said...

WOW!! You guys are my heros!!

July 30, 2006 at 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Diane led me to your site. I see you plan on homeschooling this year. Yea for you guys! I have my blog page that is nothing but how to homeschool your deaf child - check it out at www.homeschoolblogger.com/talkingfingers. www.deafhomeschool.com is also a good website.

Hope to see you guys in October at Isaiah's Place. Shelby sure does miss Max. Later.
-Felicia Johnson

July 31, 2006 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Kevin and Becky said...

I miss your kitchen, Erin. Wish I could be there to help with the dishes but that last picture looks like you've got it under control. Way to go, mama!

August 2, 2006 at 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home