Thursday, March 15, 2007

Aahhh...March Madness

It's mid-March and if you live at our house you have heard Chad say at least once, "This is THE best weekend in basketball." And he is right. It is the best weekend in basketball. Actually, as far as I'm concerned, it's the best weekend in sports. Period.
Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the biggest fan during the regular season. I don't follow the teams and I don't know all about the best players. But every year I have a blast filling out my bracket. We stick them up on the fridge. Sometimes we make a bet just to make things a little interesting. I never win. Ever. But I have fun. I love watching the games with Chad. I love cheering for the teams I picked. Who knows...I may have picked them because I read a little something about them, or Chad filled me in on them. I may have picked them just because I like their name better than the other team. Whatever. It's just fun.
This year it is even more fun. We are in Lubbock with Chad's whole family. Both of his sisters are here with their families and we are together for a whole week. That has never happened. Each year we have a family tournament online where we post messages and talk smack. But this year we are here and can all watch the games together. We are having a blast!

Must go for now. There's 2:42 left in the Gonzaga/Indiana game. I NEED Gonzaga to pull through but it's not looking good. Bummer.

Happy March Madness everyone!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was pulling for gonzaga too.

good weekend. =)

March 16, 2007 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

I hope you guys are having a great time, but we sure do miss you in this part of the great state!

March 16, 2007 at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home