Monday, January 08, 2007

What in the world have we been up to?

So, I've been promising an update now for over a month or two. The Christmas season is officially over. Our tree is down (sniff, sniff). We're starting school today (yay!!). After all of the craziness I am SO ready for routine. After all the fudge, cookies, etc. I'm ready for a salad. After all the sleeping in I'm ready for my quiet early mornings all alone with my Bible and coffee. So, today's the day. We're hitting it. The house is clean (well, almost). We're starting new today. But before we get too far in, I wanted to post some pictures of what we've been up to since November. Here you go!
We spent Thanksgiving at Sunfish. Chad had more than one day off!! We loved having him with us for 4 days in a row. Scott, Dede, Logan, Carsyn and McCrae were there. The Bragdon Clan joined us for Thanksgiving Day. We enjoyed porch time, yummy food, watching the kids play, and seeing the progress of Mom and Dad's new house that Mark is building. Here are a few pictures.

In early December we went with the Shaw family to Granbury to see the Christmas lights:

Then there were just a few normal days filled with reading, playing, eating, etc. We also got to go to a Cookie Exchange held by Mrs. Anita from our church. She does this every year for the ladies in our church. She had the table set beautifully for the Moms and the kids ate their sack lunches out on the trampoline. Such a fun time!

I said goodbye to an old friend this month, as well. My sad E.T. has seen better days. My brother gave him to me for Christmas when I was a little girl. I grew up with him in my room. When Mom and Dad moved they packed him up and sent him to Arlington. His skin had started falling off...sad, sad. So I took a few pictures and sent him to a better place. So long, old friend.

We had lots of fun visitors over the Holiday as well. Jamie and Dustin came for a little visit. Super fun to see them. In the very same day we got to see Kevin and Becky Peek. It was so good to catch up. Unfortunately we don't have any pictures of the Peeks. Hopefully we'll have some soon. Granna and Papa came to spend Christmas Eve and Day with us. It was one of the best Christmases ever.

Stay tuned for a second installment of pictures. They'll be coming soon! This should get you pretty updated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Butts said...

Erin!

I love you! Thanks for posting pictures. You should every single day, because it was such a terrific way to start my Tuesday. Ha! Gotta get back to work. Call or write. Dying to catch up!

January 9, 2007 at 6:13 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

I love your family so much! I am glad that the Lord has given me a family away from "home."

January 13, 2007 at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home